Welcome to the Bibliofile! I’m Jenn. I live in San Francisco, and I’m originally from Plano, Texas.
I created this site in December 2014. It’s a book review blog (and also contains some old reviews I wrote previously and were published elsewhere or on my blog before). The types of books I’m interested in:
- Literary Fiction
- Historical Fiction
- Memoirs or Bibliographies
- Humorists or Satirists
- Popular Non-Fiction
- Business and Leadership
The Header Image: The header image (scroll up!) contains nine popular literary allusions (excluding the two named quotes from Jorge Luis Borges and Neil Gaiman). Can you identify them? They are:
- Man with Skull, “To Be or Not to Be”: Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
- Lightning Bolt: Harry Potter, by J.K. Rowling
- Whale and Ishmael: Moby Dick, by Herman Melville
- 221B Baker Street: The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- “Nevermore,” Raven: The Raven, by Edgar Allen Poe
- Pig: Animal Farm, by George Orwell
- “Don’t Panic”: Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams
- Carousel Horse Drawing: Catcher in the Rye, by J.D. Salinger
- Windmill and Man on Horse: The Ingenious Gentleman Don Quixote of La Mancha, by Miguel Cervantes
Review Policy: I generally don’t accept self-published books for review. I won’t say never, but highly unlikely. Anything I would consider would have to be in the genres described above and similar to other things I’ve reviewed previously.
Other Requests: I’m open to things like author interviews, giveaways and other relevant literary things, but only those in the game vein and genres as the other content in The Bibliofile. If you have something like that, feel free to contact me.